Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mildewed Clothes

If you're like me, then you have also forgotten to take a load of clothes out of the washer. It is so hard to get that mildew smell out, I have to wash them 3-4 times in hot water before the smell is gone.

I have just recently learned a trick, and it works. It also saves on my water bill because I am very forgetful and leave at least 4-5 loads in the wash a month. This has been a Godsend.

Put 1 cup of white vinegar in along with your laundry detergent and start the washer. It will remove the smell and your clothes will not smell like vinegar.

If you start a load late in the evening, and you know the clothes will still be there in the morning, go ahead and add the vinegar and it will prevent any mildew smell from setting in.

BONUS: THE VINEGAR WILL ALSO CLEAN ANY RESIDUE IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE!!!!

No comments: